The Essentials of the Gospel
1. God has revealed Himself first in creation, and also in the gospel.
2. Because all mankind rejected their Creator, and replaced Him with creation instead, God gave man up to his deluding sinful choices.
[Romans 1:21-32; 3:9-10,23]
3. Man is condemned for rejecting the truth, that God intends to lead him repentance.
[Romans 1:18; 2:4-6; 6:23]
4. In love Christ died for us substitutionally, bearing our judgment to make us right with God
[Romans 3:21-26; 5:8-9; 8:1, 33-34]
5. Salvation and justification is not by works but by faith in Jesus Christ.
[Romans 3:20-28; 4:3-5, 23-25; 5:1]
6. Eternal life is through our union with Christ and our life in Him, in the same way death and sin came through our natural life in Adam.
[Romans 5:10, 12, 15-21]
7. Sin’s power and the condemnation of the law are broken through our sharing in Christ’s death
[Romans 6:3; 7:4, 6]
8. In Christ we are also raised to new life with the power to live right.
[Romans 6:4-6, 8, 22; 8:2-4]
9. This salvation is promised to anyone who in realisation of the bankruptcy of their own works, calls out in believing faith to the Lord Jesus as Lord.
[Romans 9:30-33; 10:9-13; 12:1-2]
JORDEN ANBERLIN LOUISE BIGWOOD
Our church family has recently grown by one!
Welcome Jorden Anberlin Louise Bigwood to the world.
Born Monday 5th August, 10:32am
Weighing 3.1kg, 6lb 8oz
Praise God for healthy baby & healthy mum. Keep praying for Erin & Corey as they settle into their new life as parents.
FATHER'S DAY PHOTOS
On Father's Day there will be an opportunity to get your picture taken after church in the cafe with the important men in your life, whether father, brother, mentor, or even grab an update of your family photo.
Sarah Bigwood & Ash Barnes will be running the photos, so keep an eye out for them if you're interested.
Photos are free and will be emailed out by Monday.
WOMEN'S FELLOWSHIP EVENING
Filipino Cookery Night
September 5th // 7:30PM // Church Cafe
All Ladies are welcome to come along and enjoy a delicious evening
Gold coin donation to help cover costs of food.
For inquiries contact Fiona Emery or Julie Gent.
The most anticipated faith film of 2019, created by the Kendrick brothers (Fireproof, Courageous, War Room).
Overcomer has a valuable message for the Church based on the book of Ephesians, its theme is ‘Identity in Christ’. It asks the question:
What do you allow to define you?
In selected cinemas from August 22nd
Screening information: overcomermovie.com.au
SATURDAY PRAYER & EVANGELISM WORKSHOP
8:30-9:30 [Prayer Time]
10:00-11:30 [Evangelism Workshop] (More details to come)
There will be a time of coffe & fellowship between the prayer time and evangelism workshop
COMBINED BRETHREN CHURCHES OF SA CONFERENCE
14th Sept // 1:30-5:30pm // Church@Paravista
Arthur Roderick will be speaking about "The Challenges Facing the Church today"
There will also be a mission offering going towards the 'Romanian Gypsy Church Project"
Acc. Name: Craigmore Christian Church
BSB: 065 137
Acc: 009 008 62
Description: Offering (Include name of person/ministry if designated gift)
Bring in cash to Sunday services and place in offering bag
General offering: $3,210.05
General offering: $3,118.10
Budgeted average weekly offering: $3,100
Actual average weekly offering: $2,851
Budgeted year to date: $102,300
Actual year to date: $94, 089
If you would like to submit an article to be included in the next Bulletin, please contact the church office or Ash Barnes.
Items for inclusion in the next Bulletin are required by Aug 26th
For prayer requests, please contact Annette Porrovecchio.
Ph: 0413 216 722
Requests will be forwarded to the prayer chain team members to pray over. If you want your prayer request to remain confidential please let Annette know that it is for the prayer chain team only.
PASTORS & ELDERS
Jeff Spencer | Senior Pastor | 0417 088 615
Andrew Kelly | YA Pastor | 0430 147 927
Phil Emery | Pastor | 0433 120 115
Graeme Holmes | Elder | 0437 755 007
Ian Rowbottom | Elder | On Sabbatical